Here are the companion audio files (outside of Opera’s Most Beautiful Moments) to A Complete Guide to Opera. Below I have included a list of all the recordings that correspond to what I described in the book. I have also included this list in Spotify on the corresponding playlist page.
The recordings below appear in the order that they are mentioned in the book:
1. A 1904 recording of Enrico Caruso singing “Cielo e Mar”
2. Enrico Caruso displaying a combination of dark and bright singing in “Come Un Bel Di Di Maggio”
3. Kathryn Grayson singing a gorgeous and understandable song in English
4. The Ballet Orchestra Music from Aida
5. Pavarotti Singing “Recondita Armonia” (the ending is from 1:49 to 2:35)
6. The recording of Pavarotti singing O Sole Mio with Bryan Adams
7. Beniamino Gigli singing “Lasciatemi Morire”
8. Alessandro Moreschi singing “Ave Maria”
Open this playlist in spotify, here.